Friday 3 November 2017

RESIT- Thriller film figures

Popular films in the Thriller genre

1) Gone Girl 
The description of the film read from IMDb says "With his wife's disappearance having become the focus of an intense media circus, a man sees the spotlight turned on him when it's suspected that he may not be innocent". This film was directed by David Fincher and stars Ben Affleck, Rosamund Pike and Neil Patrick Harris.

This film was released in the UK on the 2nd October 2014 and on its opening weekend, it saw a gross of $37,513,109. The film was released onto 3,014 screens and its estimated total budget was $61,000,000. Gone Girl was produced and distributed by Twentieth Century Fox.


2) Se7en 
This film was based upon two detectives who seek to hunt down a serial killer who used the seven deadly sins as his modus operandi. This film was directed by the same director as Gone Girl who is David Fincher. The main actor who featured in the film was Morgan Freeman. The film was released in the UK on 21st January 1996 and on the opening weekend, it earnt a total of £11,434,343 at the box office with a further gross of £17,834,902 on the 19th February 1996. The budget was estimated at $33,000,000. This film is a good film to research into for me because it will allow me to use certain bits of the film in my film opening by adapting it slightly to fit my style. 



By researching into audience figures of films that are popular in the Thriller genre, it will help me when it comes to making our film opening because it will allow me to have an idea of what I want to include in our film opening but also, I can apply what I have researched into my final film opening by utilising some of the aspects of the films that I have researched into.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment